One of the easiest ways to enjoy the music available on Classical World is to listen to playlists. We provide hundreds of playlists prepared by our own Editors for you to choose from. In addition, you can add our music into your own playlists, which are stored within your account for you to access when you log in to the service.
What are playlists?
A playlist is simply a selection of tracks that are grouped together with a title (eg. 'The Best of Mozart' or 'Romantic Piano'), similar to albums or CDs.
You can create your own playlists, in addition to the many that are already available on the service. Any playlists you create are saved in My Playlists. You can access them whenever you log in to your personal account on our service from any location.
What is 'My Playlists'
My Playlists is an area where registered users can build and save their favorite playlists. It is a personal area that contains only the playlists you have saved, and enables you to listen to your favourite music whenever you log in. You can edit your existing playlists here too.
You can access 'My Playlists' at the top of every screen when you are logged in as a registered user.
Copy an existing playlist
The simplest way to create a playlist is to copy one that already exists!
If you listen to a playlist that you like, you can automatically add a copy of it to My Playlists' by choosing to Add or Add to My Playlists. Once you have made a copy of a playlist in My Playlists, you can edit it to suite your tastes.
Create a new playlist
Creating your own playlists takes just a few clicks.
When you have found the track you want, just choose to Add to Playlist. You will then be offered one of two options:
- 'Create a new playlist to add this track to'. Type in a title for your new playlist and it will automatically be created with your chosen track as the first track.
- 'Select one of your current playlists you would like to add this track to'. The titles of your current playlists will be listed, and you simply click on one to add the track to that playlist.
After you have added the track to a playlist, you can choose to view that playlist, or continue browsing tracks.
Editing a playlist
You can edit any playlist that is saved in My Playlists.
To edit a playlist, go to My Playlists and choose the Edit button (to the right of the playlist title). You will then see a list of the tracks in the playlist. The following edit options are available:
- Change the title - click the Rename button.
- Change the order of the tracks - choose a new position for a track by selecting it in the drop-down box on the left.
- Delete tracks that you don't like - you can either delete tracks individually (click on the Delete icon to the right of each track) or in groups (select the tracks to be deleted and click on the Delete button at the top of the playlist.
- Add new tracks (see Creating a New Playlist to learn more).
- Move tracks from one playlist to another - select the tracks to be moved and click on the Cut button at the top of the playlist. Then find the playlist you want to move them to, click on Edit and press the Paste button.
- Copy tracks from one playlist to another - select the tracks to be moved and click on the Copy button at the top of the playlist. Then find the playlist you want to move them to, click on Edit and press the Paste button.