This Service is provided by Classical World Ltd. as a resource for accessing content relating to classical music on the Internet. It may be the case that you are accessing this service and content through a third party service which is licensed by Classical World Ltd. to distribute this service and content. If so, then these Terms and Conditions shall be supplemental to the prevailing Terms and Conditions of the third party service provider via whom you are accessing this service. In the event of conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the Terms and Conditions of the third party service provider then those of the third party service provider shall prevail save for clauses 1 and 2 hereof which shall always remain in full force and effect.
All Web site design, text, graphics, icons the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software compilations, underlying source code, software (including applets) and all other material on this Web site are copyright Classical World Ltd., ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
All editorial and other content featured on this site is the property of Classical World Ltd. and/or its Licensors. Permission is granted to electronically copy and to print in hard copy portions of this site for personal and private use as an informational resource. Any other use of materials on this web site -- including without limitation reproduction for commercial purposes or for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, republication, transmission, re-transmission, modification, reverse engineering, decompiling or public showing without the prior written permission of Classical World ltd. is strictly prohibited. You acknowledge that by posting materials on the Site you grant to Classical World Ltd. and its licensees and assignees an irrevocable, perpetual royalty free worldwide fully paid-up licence to use the materials within the Site and in any other manner. The licence extends to copying, distributing, broadcasting, and otherwise transmitting, re-formatting, adapting and editing the materials.
"Classical Music Online" and its associated logo is protected as a trademark by International Trademark and Intellectual Property Laws and Treaties as applicable. Unauthorized use of the "Classical Music Online" trademark and logo is strictly prohibited. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
3. Use of Materials
Classical World Ltd. hereby authorizes you to view, copy, download, and print Classical World Ltd. documents that are available on this web site, subject to the following conditions:
- The documents may be used solely for personal, non-commercial, and informational purposes.
- The documents may not be modified.
- Recordings bought on the site may not be distributed to third parties and are solely for private use.
- Copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices may not be removed.
- You may not reproduce, copy, or redistribute the design or layout of the Classical web site, individual elements of the web site design, or Classical logos without the express written permission of Classical World Ltd.
- Copying or redistribution for commercial purposes of any materials or design elements on the Classical Music Online web site is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of Classical World Ltd. Classical World Ltd. reserves the right to refuse permission to copy, distribute, broadcast, or publish any of its copyrighted material.
- Use, reproduction, copying, or redistribution of Classical Music Online logos, except as used to provide a link to the Classical Music Online home page (personal.classical.com), is strictly prohibited without written permission from Classical World Ltd.
- You must not post or transmit through the Classical Music Online website any defamatory, threatening, obscene, harmful or pornographic material or material which would violate or infringe in any way upon the rights of others (including intellectual property rights, rights of confidentiality, or rights of privacy) or cause distress or inconvenience or which does not comply with all relevant laws. You must not express opinions that are vulgar, crude, sexist, racist or otherwise offensive. You must always treat other users with respect.
- You will and must not post or otherwise make available on the Classical Music Online website any material which you do not own without the express permission of the owner of the material.
- If you download any software from the Site, the software, including any images or files incorporated in or generated by the software, and data accompanying the software (collectively, the "Software") are subject to the limited license set out at paragraph 1 above. Classical World Ltd. and/or its suppliers (as the case may be) retain all right, title, interest and intellectual property rights in and to the Software. You may not distribute, sell, or transmit the Software and you are not permitted to alter, modify or adapt the Software in any way, including but not limited to translating, decompiling, reverse engineering, disassembling, or creating derivative works of it.
4. Warranties and Limitation of Liability
Information and documents provided on this web site are provided "as found" and without any warranties. Classical World Ltd. uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this web site; it does not, however, make any representations as to its accuracy or completeness. Your use of this web site is at your own risk.
Classical World Ltd. and the other parties involved in creating and delivering this web site's contents are not liable for any damages arising from use of this site. Classical World Ltd. reserves the right, at any time, to modify, alter, or update these Terms and Conditions of use, and You agree to be bound by any such modifications, alterations or updates which are posted on the Site.
Except as specifically stated on this site, neither Classical World Ltd. nor employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
5. Applicable Laws
This web site (excluding linked sites) is controlled by Classical World Ltd. from its head office in the UK. It can be accessed from any country around the world and so, as each of these places has laws that may differ from those in the UK, by accessing this web site both you and Classical World Ltd. agree that UK law, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to use of this web site.
Classical World Ltd. makes no representation that materials on this web site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
6. Links to External Sites
The Classical Music Online web site contains links to external, third party web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of Classical World Ltd., and Classical World Ltd. is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. Classical World Ltd. is providing these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of the linked site or its products or services by Classical World Ltd.
Classical World Ltd. does not operate or control the information, products and/or services found on any external sites. Nor does Classical World Ltd. represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, products and/or services provided on or through any external sites, including, without limitation, warranties of any kind, either express or implied, warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Users assume complete responsibility and risk in their use of any external sites. As Classical World Ltd. is not responsible for the availability of these outside resources, or their contents, users should direct any concerns regarding any external link to its site administrator or Webmaster. Any dealings between You and any advertisers or merchants found on or via the Site, including payment for and delivery of products, services and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations, associated with such dealings, are solely between You and the relevant advertiser or merchant. You agree not to hold Classical World Ltd. liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as the result of any such dealings.
Classical.com collect two types of information about the users who visit our site:
1) Individual data - this is information that users provide through voluntary registration and the other forms in the ‘My Account' section of the site. The information gathered here is concerned with validating you as a user, recognizing your preferences, maintaining your music locker and processing your purchases. For instance, we can ensure that the menu options most relevant to you are highlighted for you, and offer you order tracking functionality. However, you are only asked to provide this information on registration, and users can access our home page and browse some of the content on our site without disclosing personal data.
Classical.com will NEVER divulge individual data to a third party except with the user's consent.
2) General Data - we may, from time-to-time, track users as they navigate our site. This information is primarily concerned with helping us to understand the needs and habits of our users, so we can better tailor our service to your requirements and personalize music selections for you. Tracking in this manner produces general aggregated information on our users, which may be provided to oWorld Ltd. ur partners as indications of market trends and used by our staff in product development. The information provided to partners would not enable individual users to be identified.
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information.
A cookie cannot read data off your hard disk nor read cookie files created by other sites.
If you register, you can elect to have your preferences recorded in a cookie, which enables you to log in to the site automatically each time you visit.
Disclosure of information
In the unlikely event that a liquidator, administrator or receiver is appointed over the Company, or all or any part of our assets, that insolvency practitioner may transfer your information to a third party purchaser of the business provided that purchaser undertakes to use your information for the same purposes as set out in this policy. We undertake not to provide your personal information to third parties save in accordance with this policy. Your information will not be disclosed to government or local authorities or other government institutions save as required by law or other binding regulations.
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use and disclosure, unauthorized destruction or accidental loss. From time to time hackers can access files on even the best-protected sites, however the Company utilizes some of the most up to date software and procedures to keep this risk to the level of the best sites in the industry. We do not hold any of your credit card information on our site - credit card and debit card information is held separately by WorldPay, a company run by NatWest Bank on their secure servers.
Access to information
You may ask us whether we are storing personal information about you by emailing us at email@example.com and, if you wish (and upon payment of a fee of £10), we will provide you with a copy of the personal data we hold about you by email. We will ask for proof of your identity before providing any information and reserve the right to refuse to provide information requested if identity is not established.